Able Pump Station
Able Pump Station is two stations serving the Central Business District Community. Small Able was originally built in 1932 and Large Able was built in 1954. The current capacity of the pump stations is 220,000 Gallons Per Minute (GPM). The new Able Pump Station is under construction along Riverfront Blvd. not far from Fuel City. The station will feature concrete volute pumps, the same as are installed in Pavaho Pump Station and Baker No. 3. The station's pumping capacity will exceed 1,303,200,00 GPD when it is complete in November 2019.
Able Pump Station Fact Sheet
Construction progress. Rendering of Able Pump Station.
Aerial Image of Able Pump Station
Baker Pump Station
Baker Pump Station consists of Old Baker built in 1932 and New Baker built in 1975, it serves the Design District and Stemmons Corridor with current capacity of 600,000 GPM. The new pump station is accommodating approximately 700,000 GPM, bringing the total pumping capacity of the Baker Station to 1,900,800,000 GPD for the neighborhoods and business districts east of the Dallas Floodway. Baker No.3 cost is $48.1 million. The station features four
high efficiency corrosion-resistant Concrete Volute pumps and the latest in pump station computerization and technology.
Baker No. 3 Pump Station
Baker Fact Sheet.pdf
Charlie Pump Station
Charlie Pump Station built in early 1932 serves the area around the Bottom Community with a pumping capacity of 80,000 Gallons Per Minute (GPM). The new capacity for this station will accommodate approximately 123,840,000 GPD.
Delta Pump Station
Delta Pump Station built in early 1932 serves the West Dallas Community near Hampton Avenue Bridge with a pumping capacity of 129,600,000 GPD.
Hampton Pump Station
Hampton Pump Station is two stations with Old Hampton built in 1955 and New Hampton built in 1975. It serves the North West Dallas Community with a current capacity of 600,000 Gallons Per Minute (GPM). The new pump station will accommodate approximately 700,000 GPM and in this case, the combined pumping capacity will equate to 876,240,000 GPD.
Pavaho Pump Station
Pavaho Pump Station at Canada Drive
Pavaho Pump Station which supports the storm drains along Canada Drive in West Dallas was constructed in the 1950s. The original Pavaho Pump Station pumps at a capacity of 80,000 gallons of water per minute as the sumps fill with stormwater during rain events and this station remains fully functional. The new, high capacity $27 million Pavaho Pump Station pumps at 375,000 gallons of water per minute.
The pumping station alongside the original structure provides outstanding reliability and lower maintenance which positively impacts the efficiency and cost of operating the station. Three high efficiency corrosion-resistant Concrete Volute pumps generate an increase in power for the new station. These three pumps were the first of their type in use in America. Concrete Volute Pumps provide quiet delivery and important elevated pumping capacity for neighborhoods and business districts in West Dallas. The funding for this project was approved in the 2006 Bond Program. City engineers worked with Jacobs Consultants and the station was built by BAR Constructors, Inc. The pumps are from Flowserve.
Pavaho Fact Sheet
Rochester Pump Station
Rochester Pump Station built in 1992 serves the Rochester Levee and the Central Wastewater Treatment Plant. It has a pumping capacity of 122,256,000 GPD.
The Trinity Portland Pump Station, located along the West Levee and Mexicana Drive, is a new stormwater pump station that will protect the neighborhoods from flooding during certain rainfall events by efficiently moving waters through the Eagle Ford Sump System over the West Levee and to the Trinity River.
See the planned appearance of the facility at the following links.